A One-pot wonder. A vibrant, fresh and exciting bowl of pasta. Perfect for these summer days.
Place a medium saucepan over medium heat, and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the garlic and onion, and cook, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring throughout, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Add the spinach mixture to a high-speed blender with the the avocado, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and water, and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt to taste.
IT can be topped with pomegranate seeds, toasted almonds, toasted hazelnuts, crunchy chicpkeas, fresh coriander…
CREATIVE IDEAS TO USE THIS SAUCE:
- Over a bowl of rice with green beans.
- Mix with the pasta of your choice.
- It can be turned into a soup by adding vegetable stock.
- If you leave it thicker it can be used as a dip for your crisps or fresh veggies.
- Used as a salsa in a “Huevos Rancheros” type of breakfast.
- Poured over roasted chicken or turkey.
What other ways do you imagine you could use this sauce with?