For now, cooking is all about comfort. Feed your soul
TO MAKE THE GNOCCHI:
- Steam your sweet potatoes. Once cool enough, remove the skin and pass them through a potato masher
- Combine the salt and 2 cups of flour. Flour a work surface and pour your flour mixture onto the surface. Make a well in the middle of the flour.
- Add the sweet potato mash into the well.
- Flour your hands and begin working the sweet potato into the flour. Continue to work the mixture until it’s fully combined. You don’t want the dough to be sticky so keep adding flour until you get a nice dry dough.
- Once fully combined, roll the dough into a ball and cut it into eight even pieces. Roll each piece into a long log that’s about 1/2 an inch thick. Cut pieces the gnocchi into 1-inch pieces. Gently toss each piece into flour to ensure that it’s dry and not sticky at any edges.
- Heat a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the gnocchi and let cook for a couple of minutes. Once the gnocchi floats to the surface of the water, let it boil for 30 more seconds and then remove it from the water using a slotted spoon.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
Blend the cashews, arrowroot, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, paprika, sea salt and water until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and whisk on medium-high heat until it gets thick. Add the sauce to the cooked gnocchi