References: ºThe Art and Science of Foodpairing: 10,000 Flavour Matches That Will Transform the Way You Eat – Peter Coucquyt, Bernard Lahousse, Johan Langenbick
ºThe Flavour Thesaurus – Niki Segnit
An easy, comforting, heart-warming pizza, with amazing ingredients that will make you feel fantastic.
Make cashew sauce by blending the soaked cashews, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt. Add a drizzle of water if needed. You are looking for a crepe-style liquid.
Grab a flatbread or tortilla and spread the cashew sauce. Add the thinly sliced potatoes and top with some rosemary and freshly cracked pepper.
Put it preheated oven at 200ºC and bake for 20 minutes.
Add fresh rosemary on top and enjoy!
Nutritious, vegan, and full of flavour. It’s tender without being mushy, not too sweet, not too salty, hearty, and seriously satisfying.
- Bake sweet potato
- Add rice, black beans, onions + spices
Scones are made for autumn days. The trick to good scones is not to overmix them.
Pre heat oven at 200ºC
Mix all dry ingredients. Once well mixed, add the oil tbsp by tbsp and mix well with a fork.
In a different bowl mix all wet ingredients and whisk well. Start adding them to the dry ingredients slowly, at the same time you mix the dough. You might not use the whole quantity of the liquid. You are looking for a humid dough, but now sticky or runny.
If it’s too wet, add 1 tbsp of oat flour. If it’s too dry continue to add more of the liquids’ mix.
Once you are happy with your dough’s consistency, put it on a clean surface. Sprinkle some flour on the surface before adding the dough and start spreading the dough to until you have a dough with 3 cm in height.
With a glass or a round cookie cutter, cut the dough and add the circles to an oven tray, previously greased.
With a cooking brush, paint a little bit more of olive or coconut oil on top and sprinkle some of the sugar.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough is golden. After those 15 minutes have passed, crank the oven up to 230ºC for 3-5 more minutes, checking them the whole time so they don’t burn.
Let cool, cut in half and enjoy with butter, clotted cream, jam, ghee, yoghurt, or any other spread you fancy.
Crispy crunchy fried delights, making eating vegetables bright and fun.
Coat and fry Ingredients:
Make the mayonnaise:
Beet hummus – a dazzling appetizer that will please everyone.
Drain the cooked chickpeas and add them to a blender with the garlic cloves, lime juice, olive oil, sesame seeds or tahini, salt, and the cooked beetroot.
Blend until everything is smooth. Add ice-cold water if needed. (it will make it smoother)
A refreshing delicious take on the fast-food favourite.
Heat up a pan with a drizzle of oil. Fry the sausages until golden brown and crisp.
Finely chop the onion and tomato.
Grab 2 hot dog buns and add the cheese. Heat them in the microwave for 15 seconds. This will heat up the buns and melt the cheese.
Spread some mustard, chipotle, and mayonnaise on the bread. Add the sausages, and top with ketchup and the cilantro-less “pico de gallo.”
- Other toppings might include cornichons and red onion.
A really dense, fudgy vegan brownie topped with amazing red fruit.
Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Mix the flax seeds with water end let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the oat flour with the coconut flour, and the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the milk, coconut oil and the flax seeds with water. Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined and smooth.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Oil a rectangle tin and pour the dough. Add the fruits on top of the brownie mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Perfect healthy snacks. Soft, crumbly and full of cinnamon flavour.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the cinnamon and coconut sugar to make the coating. Set aside.
Place the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl and whisk until combined. Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and stir until you get a uniform dough. If the mixture is too wet, add a bit more oat flour.
Scoop out tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. Roll them in the cinnamon coconut sugar and place them on the parchment paper. Flatten gently with your palm or the bottom of a glass.
There is no better way to end a meal than with cinnamon rolls.
Start by activating the YEAST:
1) Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Let stand for about 10 minutes, if it doesn’t foam, discard the yeast and start over.
1) On a clean surface add the flour and make a hole, put the egg, dissolved yeast, milk, sugar, and salt in the center. Gradually add all the ingredients.
2) Mix until smooth, add the butter in pieces.
3) Work the dough by hitting it on the table, stretching it, and folding it on itself, at first it will be sticky, but it is not recommended to add more flour.
4) Put it in a bowl and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rest for about an hour or until doubled in size.
5) Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it lightly. Extend it forming a rectangle of about 40 X 25 cm and 1 cm thick.
1) Spread all the ingredients on the dough. Roll up and cut slices of about 4 cm.
2) Arrange them in the mold leaving a small space between them, cover with a damp cloth, and let them double.
3) Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes or until cooked and golden. If they start to brown and are not yet cooked through, cover them with aluminum foil.
1) Mix the icing sugar with the water and the vanilla extract little by little, adding more water if necessary.
2) Glaze the rolls as they come out of the oven while they are hot.
A lighter lunch, with amazing ingredients that is super refreshing .
In a bowl place the greens of your choice, the grain of your choice, chickpeas and add the vegetables. Once done, drizzle with the dressing.
It is important to have all the ingredients previously cooked.
Pre-heat oven to 180ºC
Put the salmon in an oven dish, add a bit of salt.
With a spoon add a thin layer of mustard on the salmon fillets, then add a drizzle of honey and a drizzle of soy sauce.
You can add broccoli, asparagus or other veggie you like.
Put in the oven for 15/20 mins.
You can enjoy it with sweet potato puree.