A delicious, classic French dessert made vegan and gluten-free.
1. Make the Crust: In a medium bowl or standing mixer, beat olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and yogurt until creamed together and slightly fluffy. Add in tapioca flour, oat flour, and baking powder and fold together. Form into a ball and set dough aside on parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Make the filling: Use the same bowl to make the filling. Gently fold all filling ingredients together until berries are well coated.
3. Roll out Dough: Preheat oven to 200C. On parchment paper, press dough ball into a rectangle using the palms of your hands/fingers. Flour your rolling pin and roll out dough into a oval/rectangle. Thickness should be about 0.5cm. Dough might crack on edges while rolling, just pinch together sides of dough when needed.
4. Assemble Galette: Transfer the parchment paper with the rolled out crust onto a baking tray. Place astrwberries in the center of the dough, leaving a 5cm border. Fold the edges up and over the filling, overlapping slightly (pinch together dough at bottom if it cracks when folding over). Optional: Lightly brush with almond milk and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
5. Bake Galette: Bake galette at 200 C. for 25-30 minutes until golden and strawberries are slightly bubbling. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.